If you are looking for a great crawl space dehumidifier the Aprilaire 1820 dehumidifier is quickly becoming one of our best sellers online for many DIY crawl space projects. This product's sleek design mixed with its low weight compared to other dehumidifiers makes it easier to get in the crawl space if doing the DIY crawl space encapsulation by yourself. It is also a very powerful dehumidifier able to remove 70 pints of moisture per day as compared to the Aprilaire 1830 dehumidifier but in a smaller case.
Aprilaire 1820 Dimensions
- Removes up to 70 Pints (8.8 gallons) of moisture per day!
- Light Weight – At 56 pounds, the unit is easy to maneuver and position during installation and setup.
- Perfect for tight spaces — Our compact design (12.5” x 12.5” x 25”) allows you to install humidification solutions in cramped crawl spaces.
- Digital RH control— Do away with the wide variances typically seen with a mechanical dial and know that the space is being maintained at the desired humidity level.
- Powerful 200 CFM Blower — Maximum airflow allows for faster and more consistent environmental control in the space.
- Energy star — Meets Energy Star requirements resulting in an energy efficient unit that minimizes the impact on your utility bill.
- Wi-Fi external control — The 1820 is compatible with our Wi-Fi dehumidifier control.
- Freestanding (plug and play) or Inlet and Outlet ducted - Ducted with 8" flex duct or hard pipe
- MADE IN THE USA - Engineered and manufactured in Madison, WI, USA
Don't let the small size of the Aprilaire 1820 dehumidifier fool you. It is well able to handle basements and crawl spaces and you can even install it in attics. Dealing with an 8-foot ceiling you're probably looking at about 2000 square feet of coverage in a full basement. If the basement is unfinished you may get less coverage, or the dehumidifier may run more often versus if the basement is finished.
Crawl Space Dehumidifier
The same is true with a crawl space. If you do a full crawl space encapsulation the dehumidifier will run less than if you decide to put it in a crawl space with only a vapor barrier. Keeping the dehumidifier running less will save you money in the long run which is why we encourage a full crawl space encapsulation.
To learn more about the Aprilaire 1820 dehumidifier and whether it is a good fit for you and your home please check out this video below. You can also click here to purchase the Aprilaire 1820 from our crawl space DIY store.