How do I know if my house has too much humidity? We get many requests from homeowners on how to test, measure, or check humidity. Most are only concerned about humidity in the summer but homes can suffer humidity issues in the spring, fall, and winter as well.
What are the Best Humidity Levels
We have done several videos and articles about what humidity levels are best for the average home. In most cases, keeping humidity between 45 percent and 55 percent is optimal. Keeping humidity levels in check may require a dehumidifier and a humidifier depending on the time of year.
Why Did My Humidity Spike After Crawl Space Encapsulation:
Monitoring humidity can be done with handheld devices used by professionals like Crawl Space Ninja and other waterproofers. These moisture meters only show a snapshot in time. Other moisture meters and hygrometers are better for year-round monitoring.
Effective Virus Protection by Controlling Humidity
ThermoPro Wireless Humidity Monitor
The ThermoPro wireless humidity monitor is simple to set up and easy to read. You can show humidity and temperature results in 3 remote locations with added transmitters. This is a great device for reptile lovers as well. You can keep track of the humidity in the bearded dragon or ball python tank while simultaneously reading crawl space humidity.
- Large Screen with Huge Digits displays the current indoor-outdoor temperature and humidity percentages.
- Blue backlight is bright and makes the screen easy to read in low light when activated, and automatically turns off after 15 seconds.
- Being able to adjust settings with the touchscreen display instead of taking the device off the wall or fridge.
- Temperature and humidity trend indicators.
- Includes all-time / 24 hours high and low records for temperature and humidity.
- Easily reset the temperature and humidity with the press of one front-facing button.
- Transmission frequency:433 Mhz
- Transmission range up to 200 feet in open area. (range may be shorter based on interference present)
- Indoor Temperature range: -4 °F ~ 158°F (-20 °C ~ 70 °C)
- Outdoor Temperature range: -58°F ~ 158°F (-50 °C ~ 70 °C)
- Humidity range: 10% ~ 99%
- Temperature tolerance: +/- 2.0 °F (+/- 1.1 °C)
- Humidity tolerance: ±2% from 30% to 80%; ±3% below 30% and above 80%
- Power: 2 X AAA 1.5V for base unit and 2 X AAA 1.5V for remote sensor
3 Things Your Home Needs to Survive Humid Climates:
Do you need help controlling humidity in your home? If so, please contact Crawl Space Ninja and we will be glad to help. Also, let us know in the comments below if you have noticed other foundation issues we did not mention in this article.
Visit our DIY Store
Learn about Crawl Space Ninja Franchise opportunity.